Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day












We hosted a mother's day brunch here for all the mothers that were in our area this year- my Mom, K's Mom, and my sister- it was a nice chance to be around these wonderful ladies- as well as to try out some new brunch dishes. I made Pancakes with strawberries and cream ( a classic) and Shakshuka from Smitten Kitchen's recipe- (eggs poached in tomato sauce- basically) and every one loved it. It was a bit of a pain to make it on the stove top as we had to make it in two batches- which did allow us to have soft poached and hard poached eggs in order to please everyone (how often does that happen?).


I think in future we could just put the sauce in the serving dish and then crack the eggs into it and bake it in the oven- that would be easiest for a crowd certainly- and I think it would still work out. The sauce has enough body to hold the eggs with them dissipating like they do in water- so I think baking it would work- very easy impressive dish.


The photos above are N helping me make the pancakes- she's a very dedicated sous-chef.


No comments:

Post a Comment