Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birds in a Row

These clips were a present from my good friend, they are so whimsical and fun, and they are making a perfect photo display until I can get the wall pieces up that are meant to hang there!

Then I'm not sure where they'll perch- but a possibility is in a studio space. I managed to carve out a little spot for myself this spring- but it's not quite organized well enough to house all my stuff and work as a creative work space for me. So that's going my task in the next few weeks, I'm going to need that space if I want to make a good showing at Brandon's big craft sale, and also so that I can work throughout the winter on making supplies for next summer's farmer's markets.

The other spot is need to work out is one for my Clay works, right now we're all jumbled together in the shop (my Husband and Father in -Law and I). It can make the space tight, it's a giant spot, but it's all one big open space, with no sections or walls- so when one of us is working on a project we tend to take over (glaze buckets left out, sawdust on the floor- it's a mess). What I need to do is make up a plan for that space, and figure out storage solutions for everything so that we can make it work for us.

I think that space is so important in order to create work, and it makes it so much easier to fit in these creative passions. Otherwise the world really does get in the way, it's far too easy to say that you can't try out a new technique if you don't have a spot to try it, or worse, you do have a spot but it's too jumbled up to use it for anything. It's important to keep these creative- seemingly unimportant parts of our life alive, but it can be tricky to do that sometimes, and a messy spot is not conducive to creativity (for me at least).

1 comment: