Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lemon Cake



I tried out this recipe for lemon almond cake the other day. It's a low calorie cake- which I thought might be good, and I had a few lemons kicking around (plus I like the novelty of boiling lemons whole and pureeing them, then using them like applesauce in cakes).

But it wasn't very good- the lemons were slightly bitter- I think If I boiled it in a simple syrup it would maybe solve that- but it would also probably no longer be low calorie, so really what's the point? It was passable- but I don't think I'll make it again, it did look pretty though.

This cake plate is an auction find that we spent the day waiting for. The auctioneer waited till the bitter end to sell it, but I was so in love with it we waited, It was worth it though, I love how fierce the lions' look.

No comments:

Post a Comment