Monday, July 16, 2012

In bloom

Fava Beans

Purple Royalty Beans

Sweet pink Bachelor's Buttons

Calendula



I found this Bee sleeping in this Blossom one night- do bees sleep?
I've seen several more resting in flowers since then

Bright Lights Swiss Chard

 Things are moving along really well in the garden, in spite of the dry weather we've been having, it seems to be raining enough to keep stuff going, though it does dry out super fast. Here are some of the pictures I've been taking out there, I say some because I have photos for about 4 blog posts backed up in files- and I just never seem to get them onto the blog itself. I don't quite know where the time is going.

I've been doing a fair bit of sewing, and I keep meaning to take photos of those projects, but I don't seem to get to it. Ah well- life is life, Lately I've become obsessed with the fact that it's too hot to cook anything- and so I want to bake things very badly, in the way that when you tell a child not to do something it becomes nearly impossible to resist. Also I have a big list of food I'd like to have in my freezer for after the baby comes, I tend to hoard homemade food while I'm pregnant I guess? so anyways- I'm trying to whittle away at that list, and get my baby sewing done, and I also made myself a couple of huge cotton dresses so that I can be comfortable in the heat without wearing a toga made of bedsheets.

I promise to spew out some more photos this week, and to set up some more posts- hope you're all doing well in the heat of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment