Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Making


 
 
The concentration with which she painted each gift for her cousins was remarkable, I kept asking if she was done, and she would say no, then consider it, and then add one more stroke- just so- and then pronounce it to be done. I was really impressed. And I love the sensibility of the finished product, the way that she chose different colours for each bookmark, and kept to that colour combo for the whole thing, making each one different and complete.
 
There must be a natural way to select colours, something inherent, because she tended to choose complimentary colours; purple and yellow, blue and orange, and I swear I did not interfere. There is probably some basic colour knowledge that we shed as we get older, which is really just there at our fingertips as children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment