Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strawberries


Is there anything better than ripe strawberries? Maybe sweet little cheeks and fingers sticky with strawberry juice (and other miscellaneous grime- by the looks of the pictures- this girl could be a poster child for tide-but  I figure she's got years to worry about being clean so she might as well live it up now). These few berries  are among the only ones we have gotten out of plants I bought two years ago.
I don't know what the deal is but it seems like I can't grow strawberries. I've tried to get them to sucker out and multiply but I've still just got those first five plants I bought. I transplanted them this year out to the big garden, and they will get a lot more sun out there- plus I've mulched them to keep their roots cool- and I will fertilize regularly this year too I promise. I would love to have a big strawberry patch- and guessing from N's reaction she would too- she had those plants picked clean in seconds, and before you could say " may I have that?" she was nodding her head and smacking her lips saying " mmm mmm, yummy, stawbewy".

No comments:

Post a Comment