Monday, November 1, 2010

One Small Change: November


This month for One Small Change, I plan to bring some of the outside in, by starting to keep houseplants. This probably seems like nothing- so many people do this naturally, with out giving it a second thought, but I have cats, and my cats disturb things, or so I thought before I brought in some Herb Plants. I started with some thyme on my kitchen counter, and when they left that alone, I added some tarragon, then I started some chives, all of these have done fine, so apparently my cats don't like herbs. Now I've stepped it up a bit, and brought my Rosemary and Peppermint in from outside. I have no idea if this will work, if they will thrive inside or be left alone for long by my feline friends, but I think it's Worth a shot.

Indoor plants are really good for the air quality of your home, and if these ones work, they could also serve as natural air fresheners, the mint smells heavenly when you brush it, and they're tasty to boot. So I'll follow some directives for growing herbs indoors, and if all goes well maybe I'll even try to grow some greens for eating.

2 comments:

  1. Is peppermint related to catnip? I say this with no knowledge of these plants whatsoever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm yeah...I came home today to find that it seems as though something has been nibbing on the peppermint...something furry perhaps???

    ReplyDelete