Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In the Land of Fabric



Yesterday I went to the time vacuum that is Fabricland-It doesn't matter what I'm there for it always takes an hour- always. All I needed was a backing for this vintage table linen which I intend to turn into a summer blanket, and I did get that- it's really more white than it appears, the pattern doesn't stand out so much.

But I also came away with this fetching bargain centre knit and some brown stretch lace trim.

I'm not really sure how old this fabric is- it's one of those instances of something so wrong it's right, which I've discovered happens a lot in a small town fabric store. Like many yards of fabric that now sit in my 'stash', I just had to have it. I wonder if something you have to deliberately get measured and cut still be considered an impulse buy?

1 comment:

  1. Oho! What I dislike are those moments while the measuring and folding and placing happens where the see-saw in my mind imagines, just once, saying "no! wait!" as the person angles her scissors for the cut. Can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete