Friday, March 16, 2012

In the Studio


 I did get a few mugs done up this week, I'm getting back on track with some art making (and housecleaning...ugh). I also got the bisque Kiln fired, and nothing broke, even my patch job with Paper clay, which I was really skeptical of. We'll see what it looks like after the glaze firing, right now it's not quite the same texture as the rest of the piece. Probably no one else will notice, but if it takes glaze differently it'll be quite noticeable, so the verdict is still out on that.

I tried a few new designs on the mugs, some cut out stamps I made and some word stamps as well, I like them- but as of yet I'm not sure how to glaze them. I've set a bit of a strict limit on firing for the next couple of months, I want to fire the kiln every weekend, alternating Bisque and Glaze firings. That should let me get enough stuff done so that I can relax a bit over the summer, and also attend the big craft sale in the fall. I'm sadly short of my intended Quota though, so I need to step it up.The weather in these parts is not helping, as it's supposed to reach 22 degrees today (in MARCH!!!), and that makes me want to be outside, getting the yard ready for spring, or just basking in the sun.

So we'll see if I can keep on track with all the planting and stuff going on around here, hopefully I'll have a few finished items to show next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment