Thursday, March 8, 2012

In the Studio


A heart plaque, made by my good friend Kristen Perrott, stands out amazingly well on the wall colour.

This is maybe the best picture of the blue- though it's a little more saturated than it looks here- lovely against the white trim though.


N, demonstrating her new no milk diet- actually I don't know why she wanted to cover her mouth- but I loved the light in these pictures, and the way she looked, so here it is.
Okay so not so much in the studio per say- as in not so much art making going on round these parts- but lots of activity none the less. My mom was out visiting for a couple of weeks, my sister is going through some health stuff which which (I assumed) required some freezable comfort food, and also we're expecting another baby- sometime in early fall- and so life has as usual taken precedence over art making.

When we moved into our house- our giant king sized bed was already in the master bedroom, and we'd just completely re done the house we moved out of, so renovation was not uppermost on our minds- we also kind of loved the crazy velvet flocked wallpaper- even though it made the room feel pretty small, and I wasn't crazy about the colour, and the carpet needed to go, but we focused on the rest of the house, and lived in our bedroom as is.

Now with another babe on the way and most of the public spaces in the house painted and updated more to our taste- I figured I really wanted to make a special space for us- a relaxing sanctuary, so we did it- took out the carpet- took down the wallpaper, painted a bright and calming blue/green and made curtains, (a padded headboard is forthcoming). I'm so happy to have done that, as K said, it feels frivolous to spend time on a room just for us- but it's awesome to have a nice space to close your eyes on at night and open them up to in the morning.

Also this week- the babe has weaned herself from breast milk, I really should write a post about all the growing up N has been doing this winter- it's amazing. It all started with her sleeping in her own bed- after co-sleeping and nursing through the night. She was still nursing through nap time though- this last week, we cut that out- and to my surprise she started to nap in her own bed- no milk required. She also got put to bed by Nana one night and I realized she really didn't miss the milk at all. So I stopped offering it- and she stopped asking for it, and suddenly it's been a week and no milk- no big tears about it either. Anyways- all of this has put a break into my making art work- I 'll resume this week- but also I'm getting my appetite back after having 'morning' sickness for a couple of months. so I've been really trying to get more cooking done too, now that I actually feel like cooking again, thank goodness- I think the Man was going to revolt if I didn't start making tasty food again, all I could stomach was mashed potatoes and other 'invalid' style food- not our usual fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment