Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh hello there...

Dear Blog

 I've been meaning to write to you, to apologize for neglecting you this past month. In all honesty, I've been under the weather- and any moments when I haven't been under the weather I've been concentrating on things like- feeding my family, or keeping the kitchen sanitary, or getting some clay work done. I've been making some work, and getting a good start on a cache of stuff for a fall sale.

Since deciding to take a bit of a seasonal approach to my myriad hobbies, I think that I'm more productive in each of them, and also more able to act on ideas that crop up while working. Instead of thinking of ways to improve the next gravy boat and then starting it weeks later, I'm making several in a week, perfecting methods as I go. Which is probably no great insight, especially if you can keep your focus, but for me it's a revelation.  I am starting to get a bit nostalgic for my sewing machine, but really I don't miss it all that much, and it's only until spring that I'll keep it packed away, maybe I'll bring it out in May, to get started on some summer stuff for N.

I'm a long way from where I need to be in order to have the type of booth I want in October, but I think I'll make it, and starting early is going to make it so much easier for me. At any rate- I think I'm going to keep it a little low key around here until May, I'll post once a week - an update on what's happening in the studio, and maybe a little photo of N here and there, but nothing major until spring- just think of it like a hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment